**Senior Progreammer/Team Lead**
The Senior Programmer Team Lead in the Departmental Development & Support unit
is expected to work within a standards-based collaborative team environment to
contribute code, provide technical support and development expertise to
various development projects and applications. This programmer will support
Library web and mobile applications. Different skill sets may be emphasized as
dictated by current priorities requiring the incumbent to be adaptable and
flexible. The incumbent is also expected to take every opportunity to advance
skill sets in areas that are critical to the organizations, especially web-
based application development and mentoring other programmers in the group.
Effective communication with peers, other campus service providers/data
sources, and management is essential to assure timely, well-documented
45% - Develops code, maintains, and supports software, applications, and web
sites independently or as a member of a small standards-based team while
continuously seeking methods for automation, efficiency, and security
20% - Provide input and guidance for Team goals, direction, and vision which
* Advancing library strategic priorities
* Leadership, Communication, and Process Improvement
* Be a leader and advocate for business analysis to the University community and promote the value of business analyst work
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with various campus partners and subject matter experts
* Communicate frequently with Director, Manager(s), and Technical Leads on project progress, problems, and resource needs
* Establish and capture metrics for measuring effectiveness to improve processes and efficiency
* Provides assistance with the other members of the team.
* This position is considered a resource for ideas, conflict resolution, and facilitating BA best practices.
10% - Works with the Department Unit Manager to coordinate assignments,
workloads, communicates frequently, provides status updates, and knowledge to
clients and peers.
10% - Collaborates with clients, other developers, library staff, and members
of the university community to understand and contribute to project needs and
advancing library priorities. As well as maintain a broader view of the KU
10% - Ensures deliverables meet relevant standards and architecture in a team
culture of code walk through.
5% - Other related duties as assigned
* 2 - 4 years' experience with PHP programming
* 2 years' experience with
* Web-based Application Development
* The application of object-oriented programming techniques
* Development and maintenance of a database focused application
* RDBMS (prefer mySQL and/or Oracle)
* UNIX flavor operating system (Prefer Linux)
* A bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited institution.
* Familiarity with metadata standards and formats for library systems (e.g., MARC, Dublin Core, METS, MODS) and protocols for search and retrieval (e.g. OAI-PHM, Z39.50).
* Experience supporting systems for library management, digital library services, scholarly communication and research support, or learning management.
* Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical teams, business partners, and management including excellent presentation and writing skills.
* Experience producing technical documentation.
* Demonstrated ability to act as lead programmer on projects.
* Experience with and/or knowledge of the following
* Git or other version control system
* Apache SOLR
* PHP Frameworks (prefer Symfony or Zend)
* CMS systems (prefer Drupal)
* Application/web security
* Integration with external web services, directory servers(LDAP), and authentication/authorization
* Software architecture design, system analysis and associated methodologies
* Strong time-management and organizational skills, with a record of being flexible, accurate, detail-oriented, reliable and self-motivated.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000
Contact Information for Applicant: Vickye Kozlowski/(785)
[log in to unmask]
Deadline/Review Date: October 20, 2013
Specific Detailed Application Instructions for this Position: A complete
electronic application will include a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover
letter, and the names and contact information for three references.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10269/