I want to create a sort of flip book with the images from a website. How?
Here’s the idea. Suppose, just like a book, I could flip through the pages of a website to peruse the images it contains. How could I create this? Hmmm… How about:
1. mirror the website locally (with to something like wget)
2. traverse the mirror looking for image (*.jpeg, *.gif, *.png, etc.) files
3. create a list of images and URLs where they reside
4. present a Web interface allowing the reader to “flip” through list, and when they
5. find an image of interest allow them to click on it to see the image in context
Such a tool would provide means for thoroughly browsing a website.
Eric Lease Morgan