Digital Library Developer, Programmer Analyst III
University of California, Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz or Telecommute
Come join a really amazing team on a fun project!
**Starting salary range:** $57,500-$80,500/annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
**Application deadline:** 12-01-2013 for initial review
This position will architect, design and develop the Omeka Curator Dashboard
(OCD), and will report to the Head of Digital Initiatives. Omeka is an open
source web-publishing platform supporting the display and exhibition of
digital collections and is a Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP application. Work is
technical specifications, develop code enhancing existing or creating new
Omeka plug-ins, test code and perform quality assurance to evaluate code
against original requirements. Position works closely with University Library
Information Technology Services (ITS) staff to manage applications and servers
(development, staging and production) in a LAMP environment for Omeka
About the project: The University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) Library
will lead development as the sole developer of an Omeka Curator Dashboard
(OCD) for the curation and management of digital assets in preservation
storage repositories. The OCD project will involve establishing workflows and
processes interoperable with open-standards based repositories. The developer
will write Omeka source code and develop plug-ins for appraisal and
contributor, metadata and file management functions forming the OCD.
This position is eligible for 100% telecommute and is funded through 9/30/2015
with possiblity of extension.
* Bachelor's degree with coursework in computing or information systems and/or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* Demonstrated proficiency with PHP, Zend Framework preferred
* Demonstrated proficiency with MYSQL and understanding of relational and object-oriented database concepts
* Current knowledge of, and experience with XML metadata syntax, creating and using XSLT transformational stylesheets and cascading-stylesheets (CSS)
* Experience with one or more of the following web content software systems: Omeka, Wordpress, CONTENTdm, or Drupal
* Strong written communication skills which demonstrate the ability to draft clear and concise specifications and documentation
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
For more information and to apply online, visit http://jobs.ucsc.edu/, job
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10753/