Director of Digital Preservation
National Archives and Records Administration
Serves as Director of the Digital Preservation Division, which is located
within the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), Office of
Information Services in College Park, MD.
Supervises directly or through subordinate managers, the Division staff.
* Develops, maintains, and coordinates implementation of an overall Digital Preservation Strategy for NARA.
* Ensures that the activities of the Division are effectively conducted and strategic goals of NARA are met.
* Participates in the development, planning, and execution of the Office's overall strategic initiatives.
* Develops measures for operational improvement, ensuring quality control and legal compliance are exercised, standards adhered to, and best practices are adopted.
* Establishes appropriate management controls for the Division's functions.
* Participates in deliberations and decisions on management and technical problems having office-wide, agency-wide, and government-wide implications, particularly related to digital preservation.
* Oversees budget and personnel management for the Division.
* Collaborates with other NARA units to provide direct technical assistance on the management, preservation, and accessibility of electronic records for Federal agencies.
* Provides oversight for the accessioning, preservation, transformation and ingest, and related analyses and services of and on electronic records.
* Establishes and maintains NARA's presence, participation and leadership in global efforts to establish digital preservation practices and processes.
* Analyzes and evaluates requirements for the accessioning, preservation, and access to electronic records and implements global best practices to maintain the integrity and authenticity of electronic records.
* Plans and performs processing and other related activities as required for accessioning, control, and preservation of electronic records. Serves as Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) for support contracts and provides support for various electronic records systems required for digital preservation processes.
* Provides oversight to NARA's applied research activities that are focused on the ongoing development and testing of information technology products and processes that show the potential to significantly improve the electronic records management processing and customer service, particularly with respect to digital preservation.
* GS-15 - Candidates must have had one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position as described above, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled.
* Specialized experience for this position includes providing program management, leadership, and direction for the development and execution of digital preservation strategy that will have government-wide impact in regard to electronic records preservation; providing administrative and technical oversight for the accessioning and physical control of media associated with legacy electronic records, including the necessary processing of these records to support accessioning; providing direct technical assistance on the management, preservation, and accessibility of electronic records for Federal agencies; delivering new technologies for use in future electronic records management systems; and working collaboratively and effectively with other staff and units who have responsibility for aspects of digital preservation and applied research.
Please refer to the Office of Personnel Management's, Operating
Manual: Qualifications Standards for General Schedule
Positions for further information
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10557/