Digital Asset Manager
Salt Lake City
Digital Asset Management Specialist
Job ID#: 211577
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Headquarters-Salt Lake City
Salary: $40,000/year plus benefits
The primary role of the Digital Asset Management Specialist will be to
organize and maintain digital assets and databases used for design and
production of all FranklinCovey curriculum products and marketing campaigns.
They must keep metadata and usage rights for images current.
Essential Job Functions
The Creative Services team at FranklinCovey is responsible managing,
organizing and maintaining all digital assets and databases used for
marketing, curriculum and product development. The D.A.M. Specialist will have
responsibility to develop workflows and catalog decisions surrounding the
ingestion, annotation, metadata, cataloguing, storage, retrieval and
distribution of digital assets for multiple purposes while maintaining brand
consistency. The Specialist will also develop protocol for downloading,
renaming, backing up, rating, grouping, archiving, optimizing, maintaining and
exporting files. Digital Assets consist of, but are not limited to, images,
video, radio spots and other vector-based files such as InDesign and
* Receives and supplies receipt acknowledgement of internal, client, vendor or third party supplied assets.
* Compares assets to accepted published standards for inclusion in Creative Services databases.
* Enters metadata and/or XML data push about the image and if required, product data that pertains to the product depicted in the asset.
* Maintains rights-managed status on assets in the database; removes from public access images where rights have lapsed.
* Help maintain and plan complex workflow to support onsite and offsite needs including access by clients.
* Manages asset requests from clients. Maintains lists of assets requested by client and the status of the fulfillment of that request.
* Organizes asset within the databases based on criteria established for each practice.
* Works with on-site teams to clean up image metadata for search-ability.
* Acquires new images from third party sources, including stock photography houses, public databases, and commercial photographers and maintains rights status on those images.
* Coordinates and manages multiple projects simultaneously.
* Works with IT to determine improvements needed in database and database interfaces.
* Keeps Director of Creative Services informed of problems and opportunities with image management area.
The Digital Asset Management Specialist is expected to:
Ingest - Adding files and metadata to a central repository. Metadata can be
automatically entered (if embedded in the file and read by the DAM system) or
manually entered within the D.A.M. system.
Annotate - Commenting, collaborating and/or making notes on assets to
determine and control uses and promote an asset's ability to be repurposed
effectively. Create keyword hierarchies so assets can be located quickly.
Catalog - Indexing and classifying assets in a number of ways in which they
can be controlled and easily retrieved by approved users to use for
Store - Preserving the integrity of the digital file and its metadata for the
lifetime of an asset so that it can be controlled, versioned, repurposed and
archived according to direction.
Retrieve - Searching, finding, accessing and/or delivering assets in the
proper file formats so that the asset(s) may be used according to the intended
and/or permitted uses.
* Fanatical about creating order from disorder. Understands the "right" level of process to apply to different projects.
* Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
* Familiarity with Mac OS X, Cumulus, UNIX / Linux, enterprise data storage, and networks a strong plus.
* Success as a key member of a cross-functional team. Able to work equally well with people in Creative Services and technical positions.
* Solid technical background, experience managing technical projects, and/or hands-on technical experience a huge plus.
* Demonstrated success implementing digital asset management solutions and workflows in a complex enterprise creative environment.
* Able to apply sound judgment while working independently within tight timelines.
* Excellent oral and written communicator, with great interpersonal skills. Able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team.
* Understands software development methodologies helpful.
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator), print and interactive image production, or digital video technologies (including video production workflows, helpful).
Franklin Covey is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please find this posting on the [FranklinCovey Careers
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10614/