Digital Collections Librarian
Bryn Mawr College
The Digital Collections Librarian is responsible for coordinating the creation
and maintenance of digital collections and databases that draw upon the
holdings of the Special Collections Department, and for working with faculty,
students, and staff in the development of digital collections, including the
preservation of born-digital records which document the history of the
College. The Digital Collections Librarian is based in the Special Collections
Department, and is responsible for managing the collections of historical
photographs and for participating in patron services and other regular
business of the department. The Digital Collections Specialist will also work
closely with colleagues throughout the Information Services Department, and
with colleagues within the TriColleges (Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and Swarthmore
In cooperation with other members of the Special Collections, Visual
Resources, and other departments within Information Services, coordinate the
development, implementation and maintenance of digital projects drawing upon
the College's Special Collections holdings, including The Albert M. Greenfield
Digital Center for the History of Women's Education.
Manage the databases and websites for Special Collections, including EmbARK
Collections Manager, CONTENTdm, Archivists' Toolkit/ArchivesSpace, and Omeka,
and coordinate the development and implementation of standards for data and
images across the digital collections.
Participate in the planning and implementation of digital projects at Bryn
Mawr and within the Tri-College Libraries, including training faculty, staff
and students in the use of digital collection technologies and processes, and
partnering with faculty in using digital resources in their research and
* Participate in the development of online exhibitions, finding aids and other digital publications.
* Work with both computing and library staff at Bryn Mawr and throughout the TriColleges in support of digital projects.
* In collaboration with the College Archivist and other administrative staff, develop plan for the preservation of born-digital historical records of the College.
* Catalog and manage the historical photograph and ephemera collections, including providing reference services for students, faculty, staff, and outside researchers interested in using these collections.
* Share responsibility with other Special Collections staff for monitoring the public reading room, and assisting researchers using the collections.
* Participate in the hiring, training, and supervising of student workers.
EDUCATION AND ABILITIES:
REQUIRED: Master's degree from a Library/Information Science program or Museum
Studies program, or Master's degree in a relevant subject area with extensive
experience working with cultural collections and experience working with
collection management software, databases, and digital
collections. Knowledge of metadata and encoding standards,
strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work
collaboratively with a wide range of people are essential.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10765/