Business Analyst II
Business Analyst II
JOB DESCRIPTION: Coordinates efforts to ensure that information systems
support departmental objectives and information management needs. Supports
efforts to ensure that information systems upholds overall organizational
mission and objectives. Works closely with departmental customers to conduct
business analysis and identify business objectives and requirements. Assists
in the development of technology plans and strategies. Coordinates the
planning and implementation of systems related projects. Maintains a high
level of client satisfaction with Information Services as provided to assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree and five years of position specific
subject matter knowledge and/or experience in planning and applying
information technology to one or more business functions OR equivalent
combination of experience, education, and training.
1. Broad knowledge of library operations and technologies.
2. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
3. Excellent communications skills and the ability to interact effectively
with a diverse group of administrators, librarians, staff, engineers, faculty
a. Master's degree in library science
b. Experience with the Ex Libris suite of library applications, especially
c. Experience managing complex information technology projects in an academic
5. Capacity to be a great teammate.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
As a key member of the Core Services team in the Digital Programs and Services
division of the Robert W. Woodruff Library at Emory University, the Core
Systems Business Analyst is the critical link between the engineering staff
that maintains and enhances the libraries' search and discovery
infrastructure, and the broader community of staff and patrons it serves. S/he
helps define our vision of the future of search and discovery in the Emory
libraries, and coordinates the execution of journey there.
1. Works with administrators, staff, patrons and the broader academic library
community in order to identify needs, opportunities and challenges that can be
addressed by the information systems that comprise the Emory libraries' search
and discovery infrastructure (i.e. the Core Services).
2. Works with Core Services engineers to translate business requirements into
3. Coordinates the planning and implementation of Core Services projects.
4. Ensures service enhancements and incident requests are prioritized and
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10625/