Digital & Audio Archivist
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
The Digital and Audio Archivist provides departmental support for digital
collection and content management, with an emphasis on project management and
workflow. The Archivist will also manage the department's audio holdings
consisting of more than 35,000 recordings.
* Assist and support the Manager in overseeing Inmagic-based collections management system.
* Lead efforts to preserve, describe, and make accessible born-digital archival materials. Develop and document techniques and procedures for acquiring born-digital content.
* Serve as primary administrator for Special Collections for the library's instance of CONTENTdm, known as Digital Collections (http://digitalcollections.oscars.org).
* Work with Photographic Services/Digital Studio and Research Archivist to provide Special Collections material for the Digital Gallery (TEAMS).
* Provide metadata for all Special Collections material ingested into the Digital Gallery.
* Contribute expertise to library and Academy initiatives for a digital asset management system.
* Manage Special Collections sound recordings and develop and implement strategies to streamline processes and create a digital audio workflow.
* Develop and document department workflow.
* Undertake special projects at the discretion of the Manager.
* Qualifications and Requirements:
Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program in Library and Information
Three to five years of previous experience managing large audio archives and
collections using descriptive metadata, controlled vocabularies, and
Knowledge of film history; strong knowledge of and familiarity with Academy
collections a plus.
Experience with Inmagic, Voyager, and CONTENTdm a plus.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: [log in to unmask] Indicate
Digital and Audio Archivist, Special Collections in subject line.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10629/