Lead Software Developer
The Lead Software Developer will draw upon their technical
skills to help develop and maintain products using modern, technologies and
development tools. They will need to draw upon their experience and leadership
skills to drive the technical execution of software
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designing, developing, enhancing, monitoring and maintaining core
functionality in online SaaS products
• Evaluate design and development proposals, identify and suggest viable
options, estimate scope of work, create project documentation, implement
designs, execute project deliverables and follow through with users
• Identify, prioritize, and assign work to others to ensure the right solution
is delivered at the right time
• Be involved in creating and improving infrastructure to address system
performance, security, maintainability, and scalability of the product
• Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related field, plus 8+ years'
related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong Programming skills in Java, Python, Ruby, or Perl.
Knowledge of Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
MySQL, SQL Server.
• General knowledge of regular expressions, XQuery/XPath, XML, XSLT.
• Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare,
evaluate, reconcile and order data.
• Ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to
reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Skilled in Agile development methodologies (including unit testing and
• Proven ability to own, manage, and take responsibility for the success of a
• Strong project and process management skills
• Experience in delegating work to others as well as experience in mentoring
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this
position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• Participation in several full system implementation life-cycles (analyze,
design, build, test, implement, support).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong analytical skills
and a demonstrable bias toward action.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Seattle office and may be
appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some
scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to
make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the
multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general
overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the
nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10834/