Digital Collections & Oral History Archivist
Coordinates and manages ingest, appraisal, and delivery of born-digital
manuscripts and archival records, working closely with the Digital
Preservation Librarian. Plans, manages and implements oral history projects,
working in conjunction with the College Archivist.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Knowledge of oral history procedures and practices
* Editorial skills
* Ability to work with confidential information
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Knowledge of archival standards, theory, and practice
* Working knowledge of the issues surrounding electronic record-keeping systems and standards
* Strong commitment to public services
* Ability to work effectively in a team and service oriented environment
* Communicates effectively with a wide range of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
* Experience or training in oral history
* Experience or training in the management of electronic records and media
* Librarian I: 0-3 years post-graduate experience, preferably in an academic or research library
* Librarian II: 4-6 years post-graduate experience, preferably in an academic or research library
* Librarian III: 6-11 years post-graduate experience, preferably in an academic or research library
* Librarian IV: 11+ years post-graduate experience, preferably in an academic or research library
* Masters in Library and information Sciences or equivalent graduate degree
* Archival concentration preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful
completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal
background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and
verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or
certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal
conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment.
Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-
discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Internal Number: 22408
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11224/