Apologies for the cross postings . . . . .
LAC Group is seeking a professional Technical Services Librarian, with experience in cataloging, for a full-time (40 hour per week), temporary/short-term (3 months), government contract position working with a prestigious federal agency located in Atlanta, GA. We seek an experienced librarian to perform a full range of professional library services duties and are looking for someone to start immediately.
* Responsible for providing the more difficult technical, professional, and management services, and may assist with the responsibility for supervising, coordinating and participating in management of a branch or library division;
* Performs different technical services library duties including cataloging, collection maintenance/management, and records management;
* Performs and provides information and direction on the use of library resources;
* Performs basic tasks and duties of a professional nature and scope that requires knowledge of library science and services (reference sources and methods; cataloging and classification systems; collection evaluation and materials selection; library automation systems; professional ethics and obligations);
* Coordinates work of library technicians and library assistant activities supporting the document delivery service; Monitors timelines and meets reporting requirements.
* An ALA accredited Master's Degree in Library Science;
* Previous experience using cataloging and ILS systems such as Voyager and Innovative Interfaces (III);
* Previous experience working in cataloging, collection management and records management;
* Past experience working with Science Clips is preferred;
* 2 or more years of experience working as a professional Librarian;
* Possesses skill set at full journey Librarian level and first-line supervisory Librarian level;
* Under general supervision, performs full range of professional level library service duties.
To apply, please visit: http://goo.gl/uI43EN
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.