Digital Resources Archivist
The Digital Collections and Archives (DCA) supports the teaching and research
mission of Tufts University by ensuring the enduring preservation and
accessibility of the university's permanently valuable records and
collections. The DCA assists departments, faculty, and staff in managing
records and other assets. The DCA collaborates with members of the Tufts
community and others to develop tools to discover and access collections to
support teaching, research, and administrative needs.
The Digital Resources Archivist is a member of the Digital Collections and
Archives, a central university library which manages permanent archival
collections as well as providing services for digital curation and
preservation. In conjunction with Tufts Technology Services (TTS), the DCA
manages and provides technical and policy direction for the Tufts Digital
Library. The Digital Resources Archivist is responsible for oversight of
ingest, modification, and indexing processes in the Tufts Digital Library as
well as programming tools in support of these processes; helping to set
policies, priorities, and best practices for the creation and management of
digital objects; serving as a knowledge resource for the DCA and its
constituents on rapidly changing standards and practices for digital object
creation and management; and coordinating development and maintenance
activities for the Tufts Digital Library with TTS, including systems
administration, database, and website management. Works closely with staff in
other libraries to enable participation in the Tufts Digital Library,
including providing training, education, and support.
* 2-4 years of related experience
* ALA accredited MLS with a concentration in archives management.
* Knowledge of XML, HTML, databases, XSLT, Perl, Python. Experience with XML and related technologies, TEI, EAD, Perl, Unix shell scripting, Ruby on Rails; knowledge of linked open data issues and the semantic web. Experience with Solaris and Linux systems administration, especially Apache configuration and MySQL.
* Ability to articulate highly technical concepts and requirements to a variety of audiences.
* Experience in creating and providing access to research and scholarly materials in digital form.
* Experience in digital preservation planning and workflow management
* Expertise in digital repository management (Fedora Commons strongly desired), metadata standards, and digital object modeling
* Archives training and experience strongly desired.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11156/