Western Michigan University Libraries
Associate Dean for Libraries Information Technology - Position Posting
Western Michigan University (WMU) Libraries seeks an innovative, collaborative, service-oriented leader as Associate Dean for Libraries Information Technology.
- Lead development of library information technology to support the University’s current and emerging research and
- Engage collaboratively with all units across WMU Libraries to identify and support existing needs and advance innovation.
- Represent University Libraries to other constituencies, collaborating to support WMU’s institutional goals.
Required Qualifications include
- M.L.S. or equivalent from an ALA accredited program with additional formal education in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of six (6) years of full time experience in an academic library, demonstrating administrative responsibility,
leadership and supervisory skills, strategic planning and services assessment.
- Significant IT experience with demonstrated working knowledge of library systems and relevant standards and methodologies.
Review of applicants will begin February 7, 2014, and continue until the position is filled.
The full position description including application details is available at: http://www.wmich.edu/hr/careers-at-wmu.html
Miranda Howard, MALS, MA
Head of Technical Services
Western Michigan University
1903 W. Michigan Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5353
fax: (269) 387-5193
"University Libraries shapes lives to transform the global future."