Digital Learning Center Specialist
Rowan University is a comprehensive state-designated research institution with
approximately 14,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J.,
20-miles southeast of Philadelphia, and it has a branch campus and medical
school in Camden and a second medical school in nearby Stratford. Rowan is
only the second university in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical-
degree granting programs. The School of Osteopathic Medicine has a faculty
practice plan that serves approximately 200,000 patients throughout Southern
New Jersey. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park,
which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and
processes. Its business incubator also supports that mission. The University
boasts eight colleges--Rohrer College of Business and colleges of
Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Engineering, Graduate and
Continuing Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and
Science and Mathematics-and has been called upon by the state to create a
College of Health Sciences.
Job Summary: Digital Learning Center Specialist develops, maintains and
manages a learning commons environment on the third floor of Campbell Library,
develops original training for new technologies.
* The DLC Specialist creates, organizes and delivers direct user support and training efforts via online tutorials, in-person workshops, and a drop-in help desk.
* The DLC Specialist manages and maintains the physical and online learning spaces of the DLC, which currently includes an open lab with an equal number of PC and Mac workstations; four digital learning studios for video, photo, animation, and disabilities software; and responsibility for the DLC's growing Drupal-based website.
* The DLC Specialist trains, schedules and supervises approximately 10 student workers who assist in these efforts.
* The DLC Specialist identifies existing and deploys tools proven successful in contemporary student learning environments
* The DLC Specialist collaborates with other library staff members to identify student and faculty needs and to prioritize training activities.
* Approximately 85% of tasks will relate to DLC management and workshops/tutorials; 15% of tasks will relate to other library technology duties as assigned.
* Required qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and three years of professional experience with graphics applications, instructional design, or training.
* Demonstrated interest in and commitment to consistently excellent customer service for all users.
* Ability to take a lead role in the creation of online Web-based learning tutorials.
* Experience in conducting in-person learning and training activities for students related to the library, its resources, and research on campus.
* Knowledge of a variety of web tools for designing, maintaining, and teaching via a dynamic web presence, such as Drupal, HTML5, iShowu, Camtasia, or similar.
* Excellent presentation, communication, and facilitation skills.
* Familiarity with a variety of graphics applications such as Adobe Creative Suite 6 or similar.
* Knowledge of ADA requirements for online websites, videos, and tutorials, as well as physical spaces.
* Proficiency in both PC and Mac platforms.
* Knowledge of trends in libraries, research, and digital technologies in higher education.
* Knowledge of software and enterprise applications in higher education.
* Intense interest and patience in helping others solve their technology problems.
* Experience in developing content for, and organizing outcomes around, an ongoing training program.
* Self- starter with an attention to detail.
* Ability to be flexible and creative when working independently and in a team environment.
* Desire to work with a diverse group of users who possess a variety of technical skill levels.
* Experience designing tutorials within Blackboard, Canvas or other learning management systems.
* Interest in developing student learning via tablet and mobile environments.
* Experience in print design and/or large-format printer recalibration.
* Ability to model the highest levels of digital competency and fluency, and to help others attain them.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11322/