Data Services Adjunct Librarian: Quantitative Data Analysis Specialist
New York University
New York City
New York University's (NYU) Data Services, a joint ITS and Library service, is
seeking a part-time (20-25 hours per week) Quantitative Data Services Adjunct
Specialist to provide quantitative research computing support to faculty,
students, and staff at NYU.
Duties include providing consultation on a walk-in and appointment basis,
leading Data Services instructional tutorials, and preparing Data Services
training documentation, with a primary focus on statistical software packages
such as Stata, R, MATLAB, SAS and SPSS. Providing statistical programming
support to academic researchers. Coordinating with other consultants in Data
Services to provide support to academic researchers. Initiating and
contributing to Data Services projects
New York University Libraries:
Libraries at New York University serve the school's 40,000 students and
faculty and contain more than 5 million volumes. The Libraries supports NYU's
vision to become the first true Global Network University by collaborating and
providing services to our global academic centers and "portal campuses" in Abu
Dhabi and Shanghai. New York University
Libraries is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, the OCLC
Research Library Partnership, and the HathiTrust. The Libraries participates
in a variety of consortia and collaborates closely with Columbia University
Libraries and the New York Public Library through the Manhattan Research
Library Consortium. For the NYU Libraries Mission and Strategic Plan go to
Please email a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications and
interest in the position to [log in to unmask] The search will remain open
NYU's Division of Libraries embraces diversity and is committed to attracting
qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
* Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: statistics, sociology, psychology, political science, economics or another field where in-depth knowledge of quantitative methods and tools is indicated.
* 1-3 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination
* 1-3 years of experience conducting quantitative academic research with at least two of the following statistical software packages: Stata, R, MATLAB, SAS and SPSS.
* Proficiency of commonly used statistical and data-oriented methods, including: data cleaning, t-tests, ANOVA, linear regression and generalized linear models.
* Excellent public service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Master's degree in Statistics, Sociology, Economics, Psychology, Mathematics, Political Science or related quantitative-focused field.
* Experience teaching quantitative software packages and/or research methods
* Experience in an academic environment, preferably in IT and/or Libraries
* Familiarity with a variety of statistical methods, such as: factor analysis, panel data analysis, categorical data analysis, nonparametric techniques, multi-level modeling, structural equation modeling and classification methods
* Knowledge of computer science concepts including data structures and algorithms; experience programming with a high-level language like Python, Julia or C++
* Basic understanding of geographic information systems (GIS), qualitative data analysis and survey research methods
* Experience submitting batch jobs on high performance computing systems
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience and
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11393/