Head of Digital Scholarship Strategy
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Head of Digital
The Head of Digital Scholarship Strategy is a newly created role tasked with
developing content strategies aligned with our priorities to provide access to
the latest digital scholarly resources, capture unique UNLV scholarly output,
and integrate born-digital scholarly products into our collecting portfolio.
This role will work through a library wide collections team that includes
faculty from across the Libraries with designated collecting responsibilities
such as Library Liaisons, the Director of Special Collections and the Head of
Collection Management. The team will clarify collecting scope and
responsibilities across all collecting areas and will identify and engage
cross- organizational expertise in the collection, infrastructure, description
and delivery of digital content.
Reporting to the Director of LRDS this position will:
* Serve as a member of the LRDS leadership team, participating in overall management, strategic planning and operation of the division, its staff and its functions.
* Lead the investigation and implementation of new strategies for collecting, managing, and preserving digital scholarly content and new forms of scholarly output, including but not limited to data sets, multimedia, blogs, images, and websites.
* Identify, acquire, preserve, manage rights, and provide discovery for the research outputs for UNLV created scholarly products, including managing the staff and resources charged with the creation and growth of the institutional repository, Digital Scholarship@UNLV
* Lead Libraries investigation of data acquisition with a special focus on determining the kinds of data appropriate for libraries acquisitions and the role of the Libraries in data lifecycle management for the campus.
* Assist in collecting content in all formats that documents the region.
* Stay abreast of emerging technologies, alternative publishing models, scholarly communication, developments and related legislative initiatives. Propose new initiatives as appropriate.
For more information, please visit https://hrsearch.unlv.edu.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10863/