University of Wisconsin-Madison
Official Title: SR INFORM PROC CONSLT(S44BN) or INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN)
or ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Degree and area of specialization:
BA/BS required, master's preferred, in Library Science, Computer Science,
Information Technology, Business, Social Science or related field.
License/certification: Project management certification or formal project
management training is a plus but not required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Successful candidates will have at least two years of work experience in these
* Experience applying research-based practices of information management in a scholarly organization;
* Advanced organizational skills: ability to visualize and implement ideal arrangements of information in order to suit the needs of different groups of system users;
* Familiarity with hierarchical and normalized organization of information;
* Experience with metadata standards and tagging;
* Experience researching and using online tools for project management including task assignment, calendaring, and documentation;
* Demonstrated ability to work independently to meet deadlines as part of a cross-functional and multi-site project team;
* Successful candidates will have some familiarity and knowledge in these areas:
* Knowledge management or decision support systems;
* Knowledge collaboration systems such as Microsoft SharePoint;
* Knowledge of interface design, development, and testing including principles of user-centered web design and usability
The Wisconsin Center Education Research (WCER) seeks a highly-motivated and
uniquely-skilled individual to fill a critical role as a knowledge manager and
collaboration facilitator for a complex set of research projects housed in one
of the oldest and largest university-based education research centers. The
Digital Librarian will be available to all WCER research projects and will be
vital to WCER's effort to encourage, facilitate, manage, and document
collaboration within an online collaborative environment. This position will
interface with partners and sites across the country that need to contribute
to and access a centralized, enterprise-grade, web-based repository of
The Digital Librarian will also assist in the development of ongoing knowledge
management strategy by integrating the latest research in knowledge management
and available technologies, working proactively to encourage the research-
based uses of our system; provide support with patience and enthusiasm to a
variety of users; maintain a complex knowledge system; and assist researchers
and other staff members of varying technical abilities to use collaborative
80% Knowledge Management :
* Develop and implement a knowledge management strategy by working with principal investigators and staff to evaluate research and corporate trends on knowledge management systems and supporting technologies. Translate that knowledge into the design and implementation of a knowledge management framework;
* Administer an enterprise-grade knowledge management system, including providing design specifications to developers;
* Provide a stable, scalable, and sustainable platform for the delivery and long-term management of digital content;
* Utilize knowledge management system for management of tasks and deliverables of WCER projects;
* Provide training to principal investigators and staff in the effective use of the knowledge management system;
* Provide application support via phone, e-mail, IM and in person.
* Evaluate other collaborative tools; maintain awareness of trends and advances in the field.
10% Trend Analysis:
* Monitor trends in information management systems by tracking and analyzing newspapers, magazines, blogs, and forums.
10% User Interface Design:
* Assist Web Design and Application Development team with the design, implementation, and testing of user interfaces.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required
Employee Class: Academic Staff
Full Time Salary Rate: Minimum $55,000 ANNUAL (12 months) Depending on
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Appointment percent: 100%
Anticipated begin date: JANUARY 01, 2014
Number of Positions: 1
To Ensure Consideration:
Application must be received by: DECEMBER 13, 2013
How To Apply:
To apply for this position please send a letter of interest and a resume to:
[log in to unmask]
Mac users: Please send the above materials to: [log in to unmask] and
refer to PVL78093 in the subject line of your email.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10911/