Software Developer II
ProQuest seeks a Software Developer II to join our Product
Development Group. You will be working closely with our Product Development
team members, product managers and subject specialists to design and develop
information delivery systems, search and retrieval systems, and high capacity
data processing pipelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop new and improved systems and processes to support new projects and
• Give input to the design and architectural decisions for projects
• Produce documentation to support the design and development of new systems
• Assist with investigation of new technologies and tools that could enhance
and facilitate ProQuest's product development efforts
• Lead investigation of new technologies and tools that could enhance and
facilitate ProQuest's product development efforts
• Mentor and assist junior developers
• Other responsibilities as required
• 3+ years working with JAVA (5 or higher) with a focus on
• 3+ years of work experience with SQL (MySQL preferred)
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science is preferred.
• Strong background with multiple data formats and schemas (both read and
create) (XML, SGML, MARC, etc.)
• Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Work experience dealing directly with internal customers, or external
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to work independently and as a leader on multiple projects
• Ability to give attention to detail
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this
position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB) Database Systems
• Experience with distributed systems development
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Ability to integrate complex systems
• Experience with Java batch processing
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Bethesda, MD office and may be
appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some
scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to
make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the
multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general
overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the
nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11054/