Senior Program Manager
Serials Solutions Program Managers partner with product managers to define
product requirements and lead cross-functional software development teams from
design through delivery. This position involves regular communication with
stakeholders and management on status, risks and change control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with Product Managers to define product requirements.
• Lead (in collaboration with PM and Dev lead as appropriate) cross-functional
software development teams from design through delivery.
• Work with the IT Operations team to create plans and schedules which
interface with product team deliverables.
• Regular communication with stakeholders and management on status, risks and
• Serves as Tier 2 level of support - communicating regularly with the client
support & customer implementation teams on specific product implementation or
• Capture functional requirements and author associated documents; including
software specifications, use cases, business requirements and related
• Create and manage project schedules, milestones and risks, and communicate
them across the organization.
• Drive and resolve 3rd party relationships, communications, development,
contract, legal, support issues.
• Work directly with support staff to help investigate the viability of
requirements and enhancements suggested by end users, to ensure that projects
and features satisfy business requirements.
• Provide matrixed team leadership and be a driving force in cross-functional
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in software functional analysis,
QA, product support, development, project or program management with at least
2 years in demonstrated success as Program Manager.
• This position requires a working knowledge of IT Operations, including
hardware, networking and Cloud environments, as well as build/deploy and
• Strong communication, organizational, and negotiation skills to work
effectively with cross team members as well as with clients, external teams,
managers, and executives.
• Manages multiple competing projects or tasks with minimal direction from
• Experience capturing functional requirements and authoring associated
documents; including software specifications, use cases, business
requirements, project schedules and related artifacts.
• Experience working in a team environment with Product Management,
development, QA and IT on projects.
• Experience in developing and managing project schedules, milestones and
risks, and communicating them across the organization.
• Understands and assesses critical paths and dependencies for delivering and
shipping products and facilitates discussions between project teams, product
management and engineering.
• Full SDLC experience, particularly in a hosted application environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly grasp and understand
technical problems, concepts, and the underlying technologies used in Web-
• Ability to work directly with support staff to help investigate the
viability and requirements of enhancements suggested by end users, to ensure
that projects and features satisfy business requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
• Experience with HTML, XML, APIs and understanding of relational databases
• BA/BS required, Computer Science preferred.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this
position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
• Experience in Web-based applications which serve an international audience.
• Professional experience coordinating different types of software life cycle
• Knowledge of the library industry preferred, particularly electronic
resources and knowledge base databases.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is typically based in the Seattle, WA office and may be
appropriate for full or partial remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some
scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to
make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the
multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general
overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the
nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11055/