Reporting to the AVP, Computer Services, the Health Sciences Libraries
(HSL) Systems & Technology Librarian is responsible for the Libraries' IT
strategy, development and daily operations. The Health Sciences Libraries
include the Ginsburg Health Sciences Library on Temple's Health Sciences
Campus and the Krausz Library of Podiatric Medicine in Center City
Philadelphia.This position will direct,supervise, and coordinate the
operations of the IT department - including management of staff,
installation and support of public and staff desktop computers and
peripherals, supporting university-wide library-specific system
applications, and reviewing and recommending new technology and
technology-related services in the Libraries. The Systems & Technology
Librarian plays an essential role in shaping the Health Sciences Libraries
IT environment, and the enhancement of the Libraries' services through a
wide range of technologies and systems. This position will also play a role
as a team member in the development and maintenance of central or shared
library systems used throughout the entire Temple University Libraries'
system. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
ALA accredited MLS and two years IT-related experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to identify, diagnose and resolve technical
problems in a significant IT environment.
- Familiarity with library systems such as integrated library systems
and interlibrary loan systems.
- Demonstrated evidence of continuing education/professional development
in IT programs or computers in libraries applications.
- Experience installing and configuring PC and Mac workstations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft office programs, networking and
information security products.
- Demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to manage
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience providing IT support in a large university library or
health sciences library environment.
- Help Desk management experience; experience with ticketing/tracking
systems such as Remedy.
- Experience supervising full-time and/or part-time student staff.
- Experience with open source library software, including use,
development, and implementation.
- Experience providing training and creating documentation
Please visit our website at www.temple.edu, scroll to the bottom of the
page and click on Careers @ Temple. Please reference TU-17373. AA, EOE,
Delphine Khanna, Head of Digital Library Initiatives
Temple University Library (http://library.temple.edu)
Samuel L. Paley Library, Room 113, 1210 Polett Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19122
Tel: 215-204-4768 | Fax: 215-204-5201 | Email: [log in to unmask]