CollectionSpace Program Director
LYRASIS is seeking an experienced professional to assume the new
positionof CollectionSpace Program
Director. CollectionSpace, an open
source,web-based software application for the description,
management, anddissemination of museum collections
information, was developed by theMuseum of the Moving Image
and the University of California, Berkeley withfunding from
the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and the Institute of
Museumand Library Services. Through a
new grant from Andrew W. MellonFoundation, LYRASIS will
establish the organizational home forCollectionSpace to
increase visibility, adoption, support, andsustainability
for the software. The Program Director will
providestrategic leadership for CollectionSpace, working
closely with theCollectionSpace Leadership Committee and
the wider museum community toidentify near-term and long-
term development and user needs. TheCollectionSpace Program
Director also leads day-to-day operations of
theCollectionSpace organizational home, including community
outreach, staffand financial management, planning,
governance, and coordination with otherLYRASIS programs. This position is
currently funded by the grant from theAndrew W. Mellon
* Provides strategic leadership for the software and community.
* Serves as ex officio on CollectionSpace Leadership Committee, providing
timely information to enable discussion and decision-making.
* Serves as primary spokesperson and promoter of CollectionSpace to and
within the museum community.
* Serves as a liaison between museum user and developer communities.
* Cultivates strategic partnerships and relationships to advance the vision
* Establishes and implements organizational home and software annual and
long-range goals and financial plans.
* Directs transition of CollectionSpace software and knowledgebase toLYRASIS.
* Directs development and implementation of membership, sponsorship, andservice provider support programs. Manages those programs to achieveorganizational home goals.
* Leads successful operations related to CollectionSpace software review,development and new releases.
* Manages CollectionSpace organizational home staff and associatedactivities.
* Serves as the primary liaison between the organizational home and LYRASISfee-based services that provide hosting and local implementation support(LYRASIS CollectionSpace Services).
* Plans and manages CollectionSpace organizational home and grant budgets.
* Provides performance and financial updates to CollectionSpace committees,LYRASIS leadership, grant sponsors, and members.
* Leads development and implementation of annual organizational homecommunications plans.
* Cultivates and plans grants to support CollectionSpace projects.
* Coordinates CollectionSpace organizational home activities with otherLYRASIS programs and activities.
* At least five years museum domain experience.
* At least three years of experience with museum content informationmanagement systems, preferably with CollectionSpace.
* Demonstrated project management experience.
* Supervisory experience.
* Minimum four-year college degree in a relevant field.
_Skills and Abilities_
* Knowledge of digital collections-related applications development andmaintenance for museums.
* Strong ability to think and act strategically.
* Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communicationsskills.
* Externally: daily communications with museum professionals and formalpresentations to museum professionals during site visits, conferences,etc.
* Internally: daily communications with managers and staff at all levelsof the organization.
* Strong public speaking and presentation skills
* Excellent customer relation skills.
* Ability to work well in a team environment with minimum direction.
* Time management skills and organizational ability.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
A complete job description can be found in the LYRASIS Job
Benefits: LYRASIS' attractive benefits package encourages a
harmoniouswork/life balance including flextime, medical,
dental, vision, disabilityand life insurance coverage
plans, a company-matched 403B savings plan,annual and sick
leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts,as
well as flexible work hours in a virtual work environment.
To apply, please provide cover letter and resume, referencing job
opening,to [log in to unmask] or fax to
LYRASIS partners with member cultural heritage organizations to
create,access and manage information with an emphasis on
digital content, whilebuilding and sustaining
collaboration, enhancing operations and technology,and
increasing buying power. For more information, please visit
LYRASIS is an equal opportunity employer. LYRASIS reserves the right
toalter the position overview, with or without notice to
the employee. Thisposition overview is not a contract of
employment and does not alter the Every position overview is subject
tomodification to reasonably accommodate persons with
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11977/