Web Development Librarian
Free Library of Philadelphia
Suggest applications, software and technologies that will assist the Library
in its mission related to the website. Communicate
effectively to the public service and non-technical departments about the
website. Transform web concepts into usable
applications. Help design and develop new features,
functions and systems.
* Assists the Web Development Manager with web development, digital services development and website planning and evaluation.
* Manage development of new and existing web projects. Provide oversight, orientation, assistance and support to Library staff as they develop and implement digital library services. Recommend digital services, web site development and program content and evaluation. Prepare narrative and statistical reports. May contact library personnel and representatives of outside organizations to promote services and assist in accomplishing program goals.
* Knowledge of the philosophy and objectives of public library service and its relationship to the workings of the institution and the community.
* Public speaking ability as it relates to orientation of staff and promotion of digital library services to the community.
* Experience with web-based statistical packages an advantage.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
* Good writing skills
* Familiarity with website design, conventions, web-based information and content issues.
* Experience with relational database design and maintenance. Especially Access and SQL products.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Project management and/or systems analysis skills a plus.
* Knowledge of library terms, environments and OPACs.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11628/