Senior Linux Systems Engineer
United States National Agricultural Library
The National Agricultural Library is now recruiting for a senior level Linux
Systems Engineer. The announcement will close on Friday, January 31, 2014.
Complete vacancy announcement information and application instructions are
posted on USAJOBS:
Job Announcement Number: DEU-14-1014938-AMN; Control Number: 358520300.
This position is in the Systems Technology Branch, which is responsible for
managing National Agricultural Library (NAL) enterprise servers and
networking; operating the NAL data center with its associated
telecommunications and related support equipment; providing and supporting
local area network services, desktop equipment, and end-used software; and
tracking and resolving reported problems.
The incumbent will serve as a senior Linux Systems Engineer and is responsible
for managing web applications, web services, and Java EE applications on
virtualized and consolidated server/storage infrastructure.
* Manages web applications on virtualized and consolidated server/storage infrastructure
* Provides technical advice to management in setting technical direction
* Conducts analyses, develops plans and procedures, and configures tools and systems
* Installs new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software
* Installs and integrates systems fixes, updates, and enhancements
* Evaluates the impact of proposed applications on the operating environment and recommends changes to ensure its functionality and stability
* Manages resources to ensure and improve systems performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
* Monitors and troubleshoots systems administration methods and procedures
* Develops and documents systems administration methods and procedures
* Ensures rigorous application of information security principles and practices in the management of IT systems
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11671/