Image Services Coordinator
Asian Art Museum of San Francisco
The Image Service Coordinator, reporting to the Head of Registration, will be
responsible for creating, managing, distributing, and archiving the museum's
image assets. S/he will work closely with the Museum Photographer, as well as
vendors and cross-departmental staff (Publications Education, Marketing,
Public Relations, Retail, and Curatorial) on photographic requests and digital
The Image Services Coordinator will:
* Develops and manages an ongoing effective scheduling system for the Museum to ensure photo-documentation of art objects and specified museum activities and events
* Administers the AAMs photography policy and coordinates internal and external photographic requests
* Establishes and maintains the integrity of the museum's collection image files; organizes and manages the records of reproduction rights for objects in the collection.
* Fulfills photographic rights and reproductions requests.
* Coordinates the acquisition of exhibition related images, obtains permissions and tracks and maintains files of (remove transparencies) images on loan to the museum.
* Negotiates fees and terms of image use, generates contracts and invoices; works with the Finance Department to reconcile receivables. Coordinates departmental budget.
* Checks and cross-references images with accession records in the collections database; uses software (QScan) to tag and store digital images in various resolutions and file formats and to link images to records in the collections database.
* Handles and assists with the set up studio equipment as required. Assists the photographer in maintaining photo studio and facilities.
* Assists with database management software; checks and revises collection records for objects.
* Bachelor's degree in Art, Art History, Museum Studies, Arts Administration, or closely related field from an accredited college or university
* Two (2) years of related experience in image archiving methods and/or rights and reproductions issues in an art museum or similar institution, or an equivalent combination of academic qualifications and work experience. Some exposure to museum registration work is preferred.
* Familiarity with legal matters related to collections; Knowledge of copyright law, with a primary focus on fair use within a museum context preferred. Related experience in a photography studio; good understanding of the principles, practices, routine procedures, and workflow of a photography studio, including experience producing digital images
* Excellent computer skills and experience with collection database management programs; proficiency using Photoshop; understanding of digital file management applications preferred
* Ability to operate photographic equipment (including lights, handheld cameras, and view cameras) as well as computer equipment used in a digital photo studio (including computers, scanners, and printers)
* Ability to produce high quality scans, image files, and digital prints; to demonstrate consistent commitment to excellence in quality
* Must be a self-starter who is punctual, dependable, and conscientious; reliable and trustworthy
* Must possess effective interpersonal communication skills and have an interest in and appreciation of art.
* Extremely accurate and detail-oriented
* Strong interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
* Ability to actively promote the museum and its image related services by developing positive working relationships internal and external to the museum; successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously; maintain a sense of perspective and humor while working under pressure
$* 21.75 to 26.13 per hour (annualized equivalent of $45,240 to 54,350) with
generous benefits package
*Please note: This position is represented by SEIU 1021. New hires start at the beginning of the salary range.
Apply online below or
Send a letter of interest and resume ASAP to:
Asian Art Museum
200 Larkin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/11486/