Research Data and Environmental Sciences Librarian
Cornell University's Albert R. Mann Library seeks a creative, energetic
professional who is service-oriented, technically skilled, and thrives in an
innovative work environment. Candidates should have a
strong background and interest in environmental science in order to develop
and implement highly effective services in support of Cornell's environmental
sciences students, faculty and staff. The librarian will be a member of the
campus-wide Research Data Management Service Group, and will work
collaboratively to provide data management and data management planning
services to the Cornell community. Working on a team of over a dozen
colleagues who make up the Mann Library Research and Learning Services and
Collection Development librarians, the Research Data and Environmental
Sciences Librarian will also have the opportunity to learn from and contribute
to the overall public services program at Mann Library.
* Develops/leads innovative information services for the environmental sciences research, learning and extension communities.
* Acquires/maintains expertise in information trends in environmental sciences disciplines.
* Participates in Library/campus research support service initiatives including those related to research profiles, and research data management, curation and preservation.
* Develops/supports services for documenting/distributing research data.
* Develops/maintains expertise in data issues for libraries.
* Provides quality reference, consulting, and liaison services, and teaches classes and workshops.
* Serves as liaison to selected environmental sciences activities and departments within College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
* Leads and/or participates in other innovative projects in information delivery.
* MLS from ALA-accredited school or equivalent professional degree.
* Subject area background (degree or work experience) in environmental science, natural resources, ecology, or related field.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, service orientation.
* Demonstrated initiative and flexibility, and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Experience with computer and telecommunications technologies for information management and collaboration.
* Commitment to professional development.
* Work experience in an academic library.
* Experience teaching information management/computer technologies.
* Experience working with tools/technologies related to data management, such as relational databases, GIS software, scripting languages, etc.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12395/