Regional Municipality of York
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
York Region is one of Canada's fastest growing municipalities and as part of
our diverse and highly engaged team, you'll have the opportunity to work on
innovative projects that further a sustainable environment, enhance our public
services and promote a healthy community. York Region is an equal opportunity
employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection
process and as we grow, it's important that our workforce reflect the citizens
we serve. At the Region, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity.
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require
INFORMATION TECHNICIAN (3) #15680
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
CORPORATE AND STRATEGIC PLANNING BRANCH
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SERVICES
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 12 months, Salary $27.52 - $29.93 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Geographic Information Systems, and under the
guidance and direction of senior staff, is responsible for assisting in the
operation, maintenance and support of collecting metadata and key information
resources from all Departments by interviewing staff responsible for
information assets to collect data which will build an information inventory
for the Region; providing support to various Departmental Information
Management initiatives as assigned; providing training and guidance to staff
on records information as directed; and liaising with all levels of management
and staff in the corporation.
* Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Information or Library Science, or in Records and Information Management or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum three (3) years experience in information management systems, including collecting and maintaining metadata.
* Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
* Knowledge of metadata standards, and their application to different types of information and data.
* Knowledge of current trends in the use of information management technology.
* Strong investigative, report writing, research, time management and presentation skills.
* Computer literacy utilizing MS Office applications including spreadsheets as well as working knowledge of databases (e.g., Access, SQL Server, etc.,).
* Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in dealing with difficult situations and/or respond to internal/external enquiries.
* Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
* Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12563/