Information Management Analyst
Organization: Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
City: Fort McMurray
Category: Information Systems
Job type: Full-time
Description and duties:
The Information Management Analyst provides assistance and guidance on the
management of municipal information assets in any form, (physical and
electronic) to business users, IT, the Manager, and any other parties as
required. As well as analyze business needs and information management (IM)
requirements, formulate recommended solutions, and implement those solutions.
In addition, provide strategic input on (IM) policies, electronic documents
and records management system (EDRMS), guidelines, standards and procedures in
support of the organization's mission.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
Program Support: Evaluation, design and implementation of corporate
information management program, strategy & tools; review and improvement of
workflow, methods and procedures; plan and policy formulation; identification
of training needs and development of training programs. Develop and maintain
the municipal information classification system/ taxonomy.
Advice & Consultation: Provides Information Management subject matter
expertise and is accountable for the maintenance, planning and strategic
implementation of the IM program and tools across business units. Review,
analyze, and re-engineer document and information-centric business process to
increase the effectiveness of the IM program & tools (including the EDRMS).
Service Delivery: Perform information search & retrial, leading Information
Management projects and activities as related to municipal business
information. Contribute to the development, management, and provision of end
user support of the EDRMS systems and Information Management related tools &
policies. Support and contribute with EIMS Administrator, IT and Business
units in business/technical requirement engagements/discussions and systems
integrations as necessary.
* *May require use of personal vehicle for business travel purposes.
* Degree in Business Administration, Library Science or a related Degree, or a Diploma in Technology, Business Administration or related field.
* Degree with two (2) years experience in information and records management programs and tools, and course work in records management.
* A diploma with four (4) years experience in information and records management systems, and course work in records management.
* Experience working in a public sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
You will possess the following:
* Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in information analysis.
* Knowledge of Information & Records Management concepts, policies, standards, procedures, and systems, including information classification systems and taxonomies, records disposition and applicable legislation and policies.
* Ability to understand, analyze, and document complex business processes and recommend appropriate changes/improvements to the processes (Business Analysis).
* Knowledge of current & emerging Enterprise IM technologies/application Ability to assess the impact of changes in technology, regulation/legislations on the Enterprise IM solutions and program.
* Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in research methodologies.
* Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to utilize various classification methodologies.
* Demonstrate high level problem analysis/resolution skills and the ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
* Ability to partner with others, identify/anticipate needs and proactively provide support.
* Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
* Ability to search, review and analyze IM related standards, best practices regulations & legislations for IM.
* Excellent written, communication and organizational skills.
* Strong leadership and professional skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the following competencies preferred: Project Management and applicable tools; business/product knowledge; business analysis; marketing and strong knowledge of MS Office suite (e.g. Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
* Demonstrated proficiency in IM program/tool implementation, maintenance/support and end user training.
* Strong customer service focus, ability to meet varying client needs.
* Negotiation and conflict resolution.
* Ability to lift boxes of up to forty (40) lbs.
* Provide a criminal record check for review and acceptance.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
* excellent training and development opportunities
* an extensive employer paid benefits plan
* an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12097/