User Interfaces: IT Programmer
University of North Texas
Providing leadership in innovation and learning, the UNT Libraries
(http://www.library.unt.edu) are an essential force in teaching and research.
The Libraries provide expertise in all areas of scholarship and work to meet
the ever-changing needs of a vibrant, student-centered research university.
The UNT Libraries' User Interfaces Unit (http://www.library.unt.edu/user-
interfaces-unit) provides web development services to the Libraries and
partners both at UNT and beyond the UNT community. To continuously improve the
user experience, we work in a variety of areas including usability and
accessibility, information architecture, content strategy, design, CMS system
architecture, and resource discovery.
As web-systems developer for the User Interfaces Unit in the Digital Libraries
Division, you will undertake the functional planning, execution, testing, and
documentation of software solutions that power the Libraries' web publishing
and resource discovery systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Contributing to development of Drupal module and theme functions used in the Libraries
* Providing programming support for the Libraries' website, exhibit, blog, e-journal, and other narrative presentation platforms
* Acting as developer for grant, contract, and special projects related to library web development projects
* Providing programming support for the development of resource discovery systems for the UNT Libraries, including the library catalog, finding aids, and other search systems
* Contributing to the development of APIs used for library systems interoperability
* Providing programming support for Digital Libraries Systems including the "Aubrey" content delivery systems and "Aubrey" editor
* Adhering to the unit's version control practices for software development and deployment
* Adhering to the unit's testing practices for software and interface development
UNT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to
provide Equal Employment Opportunities (including provisions for training,
development, transfer and promotion) for all individuals without regard to
race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran's status.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree with coursework in
computing or information systems and one year of related computing or
programming work experience; or any equivalent combination of education,
training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge of the methods and equipment used in electronic data processing.
* Skill in writing programs for computer applications.
* Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions.
* Proficiency in PHP, Python, or Ruby
* Working knowledge of software development practices
* Working knowledge of open-source technologies
* Understanding of library-technology standards and practices
* Working knowledge of version control systems
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer terminal
* Visual acuity to use a computer monitor
* Manual dexterity to use a computer keyboard and mouse and to manipulate small hand tools
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12714/