Senior Library Services Platform Developer Position @ Northwestern
(This job posting is being sent to multiple lists; please excuse duplicates)
Interested applicants need to apply online via Northwestern University's
eRecruit web site, referencing either Job Opening ID #22520
This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies at
Northwestern University Library.
Check out our
This 3-year term position serves as the Library Services Platform software
developer reporting to the Head of the Library Technology Division's
Enterprise Systems department, and confers with the Library Collection
Services Project Manager. This job includes working in a highly collaborative
environment with Library colleagues and partners on the analysis, design,
coding and testing of software in order to explore, adapt, and implement
current and emerging technologies--particularly with implementation,
integration with campus Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other systems,
and developing software components in support of a Library Services Platform
(such as Ex Libris Alma and Voyager).
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
* Four to six years of development experience in an OOP development environment including experience with Web Services programming in a service-oriented architecture.
* Advanced web development experience with languages such as Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, and/or Perl.
* Prior work with collaborative projects involving group software development.
* Knowledge of software development life cycle
* Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
For more information, interested applicants can view the full job description
via Northwestern University's eRecruit web site, referencing Job Opening ID
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12290/