Director of Digital Humanities and Social Science Lab
Michigan State University
The Department of History at Michigan State University seeks a
specialistin Digital Social Science and Humanities to
coordinate its new digitalinitiative, LEADR (Lab for the
Education and Advancement in DigitalResearch). The
successful candidate will have knowledge of digitalresearch
methods and tools; experience developing collaborative
research strong oral and written communications
skills; expertise withwebsite development and design; and
the ability to work with studentsand faculty members. The
full time, annual year position is renewableannually,
contingent upon funding and job performance. Salary
iscommensurate with experience. Travel and research budget
negotiable.LEADR is a joint, forward-looking, student
centered venture of MSUHistory. The cutting-edge lab will
be housed in Old Horticulture Hall, homeof the MSU History
Department. It will be a place for History and otherMSU
undergraduate and graduate students to develop innovative
digitaland web-based projects in collaboration with other
students, faculty, andthe digital humanities specialist who
manages the lab.
* Establishing and managing LEADR;
* Working with students and faculty members on digital projects;
* Working with faculty and students on grant applications;
* Working with faculty to develop curriculum around LEADR;
* Working with faculty to develop internships around LEADR;
* The job could involve offering an undergraduate course.
* Advanced degree (MA, PhD or ABD in a PhD program) in history digital humanities, library information or other humanities fields;
* Knowledge of data mining and data visualization research and tools;
* Knowledge of website development methodologies and applications.
Applicants must apply at www.jobs.msu.edu. Posting #9013.
Thereyou will receive instructions about uploading a cover
letter, CV andthree confidential letters of recommendation.
In addition, include onthe cover letter a link to a website
containing your CV and links toprojects you have been
involved with. Review of applications will beginon February
10 and continue until a hire is made.
Michigan State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
OpportunityEmployer. Applications from women and members of
minority groupsare strongly encouraged. Persons with
disabilities have the right torequest and receive
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12162/