Software Project Manager
BC Libraries Cooperative
The BC Libraries Cooperative (http://bc.libraries.coop/) is a non-profit,
member-driven cooperative providing shared services to members across Canada.
One of our emerging services is the Canadian Accessible Library System (CALS)
which the Co-op is developing to support the National Network for Equitable
Library Service (http://nnels.ca/). CALS is a repository of accessible library
resources for visually-impaired patrons, the first of its kind in Canada. The
initial public release of CALS was December 3, 2013. Over the next 12 months,
CALS and related services will be rolled out across at least 5 additional
The Co-op is hiring an experienced Software Project Manager to drive the
development process and to improve and extend implementation of the Drupal-
based (CALS) system. The Project Manager will liaise with stakeholders and
service partners including designers, developers, alternate format producers
and others in the public sector - especially members of the broader public
This high visibility Software Project Manager will be an integral part of the
software development team. The right individual will be exceptionally prepared
to co-ordinate the efforts of representatives from each function of the
project, including Development, Release Engineering, and Quality Assurance.
* Co-ordinate with the development team to guide the development project, the quality of our software, and the delivery of service
* Refine and manage project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with other key Co-op staff
* Track, monitor, and report on projects tasks and deliverables
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential hurdles, manage dependencies, and devise contingency plans
* Develop and refine best practices and tools for project execution and management
The position requires the following skills and abilities:
* 2-5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of software development and execution
* Exceptional expertise in project management resource allocation.
* Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology is an asset (but we're not slavish in how we follow it!)
* Works well independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Experience working in a highly distributed environment is critical - our team is spread across Canada and our stakeholders are nation-wide.
* Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities and with grace and good humour
* Superb organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects at a time and to prioritize tasks
* Adept interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Candidates must clearly indicate how they meet the position requirements.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in PDF
format to office at bc.libraries.coop no later than February 14, 2014.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only shortlisted candidates will
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12301/