(I extend a bouquet of apologies to anyone who sees this posting more than
The University of Miami Libraries seeks nominations and applications for a
creative, innovative professional to serve as the Information Systems
Coordinator. Under the direction of the Director for Library Information
Management and Systems, the Information Systems Coordinator provides
creative leadership, management, and support for core library information
systems and applications at the University of Miami Libraries to provide
library access and discovery services. Core library systems currently
include but are not limited to the Integrated Library System Innovative),
Inter-library loan/document delivery (ILLiad ), electronic course & audio
reserves (Ares / Variations), special collections management (Aeon),
electronic resource access & discovery (360Core/Link, Summon).
Join an expanding technology team in a library system engaged in an
exciting period of growth and innovation under new library leadership.
See the University of Miami Libraries website for full position
- Master's degree from an ALA accredited program, Information Science,
Information Technology, or related field.
- Two years working experience with an integrated library system,
preferably Innovative Interfaces, Inc., in a medium to large research
library or similar organization.
- Experience developing and/or supporting library solutions for library
workflow processes (digital publishing, document delivery, cataloging,
interlibrary loan, etc.) and an understanding of the application of
technology to scholarship and teaching.
- Experience developing and administering web-based solutions using CSS,
HTML, XML and related technologies.
- Understanding of the MARC record; familiarity with metadata standards and
formats for library systems such as Dublin Core, METS, EAD, and/or MODS
- Working knowledge of server operating systems, preferably UNIX and/or
- Demonstrated success in project management, including ability to manage
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with both technical and library
staff with widely-varied skill sets and technical knowledge.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated initiative
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and
demonstrated service commitment to library users.
- Strong aptitude for acquiring new skills relevant to library systems.
- Experience with scripting and/or programming languages such as Perl,
- Experience with the implementation of a discovery system and integration
of third-party applications into library systems.
- Knowledge of user authentication/authorization protocols, including CAS,
Shibboleth, and LDAP.
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff.
- Experience with assessment of technology services.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with
experience and qualifications. This is a non-tenure track faculty
appointment at the Librarian Assistant/Associate Professor rank. The
position offers a comprehensive benefits package including: TIAA-CREF;
medical and dental insurance; life, disability, and long-term care
insurance available; tuition remission; 13 paid holidays; and 22 days
annual vacation. Additional employment benefits available include credit
union; Employee Assistance Program; bookstore, and sporting event
discounts; optional fee-based membership in a state-of-the-art wellness
center, and no state or local income taxes. More information
on benefits can be found at:
APPLICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS: Review of applications will begin immediately
and continue until the position is filled. Applications and nominations
will be accepted until a suitable candidate is selected. Applications
should be submitted electronically and must include a letter of interest,
curriculum vitae and the names of three references. The references will not
be contacted before the appropriate time. Send nominations and applications
Human Resources Manager
Otto G. Richter Library
University of Miami
P.O. Box 248214
Coral Gables, FL 33124-0320
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
The University of Miami is one of the nation's leading research
universities in a community of extraordinary diversity and international
vitality. The University is privately supported, non-sectarian institution,
located in Coral Gables, Florida, on a 260-acre subtropical campus. The
University of Miami Libraries (www.library.miami.edu) rank among the top 50
research libraries in North America with a
collection of over 3 million volumes and 92,958 current serials titles,
including 90,550 electronic journals. The Otto G. Richter Library lies in
the center of the Coral Gables campus and serves as the central library for
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action
Employer. The University has a strong commitment to diversity and
encourages applications from candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Head, Web & Emerging Technologies
University of Miami Libraries