Ruby on Rails Developer
Princeton University Library
**Princeton University Library** is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Ruby on Rails developer to work on implementing Blacklight and other public-facing Rails applications.
The Princeton University Library is one of the world's leading research
libraries, serving a diverse community of 5,200 undergraduates, 2,600 graduate
students, 853 faculty members, and many visiting scholars. Its holdings
include more than 7 million printed volumes, 5 million manuscripts, 2 million
non-print items, and extensive collections of digital text, data, and images.
The Library employs a dedicated and knowledgeable staff of more than 300
professional and support staff working in a large central library, 9
specialized branches, and 3 storage facilities.
The incumbent, working with existing library developers, will play a key role
in the development, planning, documentation, testing, and deployment of new
and existing applications, and actively participate in the communities that
exist around those applications.
* BA in Computer Science or a related field
* Extensive and demonstrated experience with Ruby on Rails
* Experience with Solr, Apache, Tomcat and/or Jetty; and SQL (MySQL or other)
* Knowledge of and experience with Rails application deployment patterns
* Experience with Test Driven Development
* Experience with at least one other programming language (e.g. Python, Java, PHP)
* Competency with Git/Github for source code version control and collaboration
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of and experience with library descriptive metadata formats (MARC, MODS, Dublin Core, EAD, VRA)
* Familiarity with Linked Data and Linked Data publishing patterns
* Work experience in an academic library
* Experience with Integrated Library Systems
* Advanced degree in Library or Computer Science
* Experience with a NoSQL DB such as MongoDB
* Experience working with and committing to Open Source Software projects
**NOTE:** This is a two year term position with the possiblity of renewal.
Please see the provided link for how to apply
The final candidate will be required to successfully pass a background check.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12356/