Technical Support Specialist
Are you an outstanding problem solver?
Do you enjoy working with customers and being seen as a source of product
Can you take complex technical specifications and turn them into simple, easy-
Are you familiar with the demands and challenges of today's libraries?
The Product and technical Support Specialist for ProQuest's ebrary e-book
platform use their extensive product expertise to help solve problems for
librarians, library users, library administrators, and internal sales reps and
are recognized as the source of technical product knowledge and solutions
related to ebrary.
Some of what you'll be doing:
• Provide Superior Service - Support librarians and patrons in getting the
most out of ebrary e-books, provide assistance as well as become an advisor to
differentiate our offerings
• Solve Authentication and Content Discovery Issues - Serve as the primary
technical resource for these services
• Author - Identify documentation gaps and enrich the self-help with thought
topics and articles
• Communicate Effectively - Provide technical support primarily via email, but
also by phone
• Stay Connected - Maintain alignment with ebrary sales reps, trainers, and
marketing team to provide consistent service
To apply follow link: http://ch.tbe.tale
What you'll have experience doing:
• Passion for customer service in a technical environment
• Excellent problem solving and technical skills
• Outstanding written communication skills
• Ability to quickly learn, master, and then describe new technology
• Ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to
reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
And we would love it if you also have:
• 2+ years of technical customer support experience
• Experience with remote authentication methods such as: Shibboleth, Athens,
• Experience with Discovery tools such as: Worldcat,
• An MLIS degree or library experience
ebrary® is a leading provider of e-books and research technology to academic,
corporate, government, public, and high school libraries worldwide.
If this position isn't quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on
our "Career" page under About. ebrary a ProQuest® business,
is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA.
ebrary is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination
of any kind.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12405/