Systems & Digital Content Librarian
Gwinnett University Center
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the
University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century four-year liberal
arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools.
With a current enrollment of almost 10,000 students, enrollment is projected
to exceed 13,000 students within three years, including both residential and
commuter students. Located in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area, GGC
provides a student centered, technology-enriched learning environment.
Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including
organizations involved in health care, education and information technology
The Systems and Digital Content Librarian (SDCL) administers and provides
dependable and high quality electronic information services, both on campus
and remotely accessible, for the students, faculty, and staff of Georgia
Gwinnett College. These information services include the library management
system and specialized software used in libraries. The SDCL is responsible for
coordinating library technology activities and services. This is a faculty
position and as such will be expected to serve on college-wide committees and
provide liaison and instructional support as needed. This position reports to
the Library Assistant Dean.
* Operates and maintains the library management system;
* Provides technical support and oversight of the Library's electronic services and data processes;
* Acts as primary technical contact for the Office of Educational Technology, Center for Teaching Excellence, GGC Webmaster, GIL, and GALILEO
* Creates documentation on various systems.
* Maintains policies and procedures for Georgia Gwinnett College Library information systems;
* Serves as the main library contact for the Georgia Gwinnett College Website;
* Designs, implements and maintains the library portal pages;
* Assists in managing library social media outlets;
* Provides graphics support for library;
* Assists with statistics gathering and reporting;
* Provides limited in-house computer support as needed in concert with the Office of Education Technology;
* Provides liaison and instructional support as needed;
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
* ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science.
* Working knowledge of automated library procedures;
* Experience with all modules of Ex Libris' Voyager library management system;
* Experience using EZProxy;
* Experience managing remotely accessible databases;
* Experience working in a library consortium environment;
* Some familiarity with Microsoft Access and Oracle databases; some knowledge of SQL preferred;
* Familiarity with circulation and interlibrary loan procedures;
* Basic understanding of cataloging rules and MARC records;
* Experience in web design and maintenance;
* Demonstrated understanding of instructional technology;
* Working knowledge of basic reference sources and demonstrated familiarity with search strategies for a variety of electronic information resources, such as GALILEO, GIL, and the Internet;
* Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, other typical personal computer applications, and basic networking technology;
* Strong organizational and analytical skills;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong service orientation
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12562/