Please excuse cross-posting.
Web Services Librarian
The Ohio University Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position of Web Services Librarian. We seek an innovative candidate who is comfortable in a changing environment; eager to engage stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced atmosphere; committed to working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds; and energized by an exciting future.
Reporting to the Head of Web Services, the Web Services Librarian performs ongoing analysis of the Libraries' web presence to support continuous improvement of the user experience; participates in the development, operation, and maintenance of Libraries web sites and services; and works with library staff to develop knowledge and capability in the use of web sites and services.
* Working from a librarianship and customer service perspective, plans and conducts ongoing analysis of the Libraries' web services, including market research, user studies, web analytics and related activities toward the continuous improvement of the user experience.
* In collaboration with the Web Designer, ILS Coordinator, and other staff, participates in the development, operation, and maintenance of the Libraries' web sites and services, possibly including but not limited to the Libraries' web site, integrated library system, discovery layer, link resolver, proxy server, and digital collections.
* Provides library staff development, training, and support related to the Libraries' web sites and services.
* Engages in continuing self-education as necessary to adapt to new technologies and continually improve the Libraries' web services.
* Engages in regular professional development through research, publications, presentations and participation in regional and national associations as part of the continuing commitment to bring best practices and innovative services to Ohio University students and faculty.
* In collaboration with the Libraries' IT Support Specialists, provides occasional general technical support to Libraries staff and patrons.
* Master's degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program by the time of the appointment.
* Experience using library web services (examples: integrated library systems, discovery layers, link resolvers) utilizing staff-facing services and/or assisting library patrons with the use of patron-facing services
* Strong general computer literacy; ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
* Familiarity with HTML and CSS and basic understanding of web site development and maintenance
* Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience with web analytics software such as Google Analytics
* Experience with web usability testing
* Teaching, training, or technical support experience
* Experience with the WordPress content management system, EBSCO library products, and/or Innovative Interfaces integrated library systems
Ohio University Libraries takes pride in providing outstanding service to all its clientele. University Libraries is a member of the Association of Research Libraries, the Center for Research Libraries, and a founding member of OhioLINK. The Libraries' facilities include the Vernon R. Alden Library, the Music/Dance Library and the Southeast Ohio Regional Library Depository.
With over 3,300,000 volumes, 2,000,000+ e-books and 55,000 e-journals, OHIO has one of the largest academic libraries in North America. During the 2012/2013 academic year, the Libraries received nearly 2,000,000 visits, 5,000,000+ database and catalog searches, and close to 12,000 virtual reference transactions.
Alden Library housed the largest open-computing lab and wireless network on campus. The University Libraries are known for their leadership across campus for innovative technology services to students and researchers and a robust social media presence. Digitized collections include those of Senator George V. Voinovich; pioneer newspaper entrepreneur E.W. Scripps; King Chulalongkorn of Siam diaries; Ceremonial Artifacts Collection of the Yao culture of North Vietnam; and University Archives including yearbooks and videos. More information about the Libraries unique collections can be viewed at http://media.library.ohiou.edu/.
Ohio University is a comprehensive, state-assisted institution that is classified, by the Carnegie Foundation as a Research Universities (high research activity) institution. Ohio University, located in the scenic foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, shares the City of Athens, a culturally-rich sustainable community 75 miles southeast of Columbus and 156 miles west of Cincinnati. There are 21,000 students enrolled on the Athens campus, more than 10,000 students on the five regional campuses and 4,000 eLearning students. The University offers a diverse, dynamic and collegial atmosphere to all its students, faculty and staff.
Salary & Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Ohio University employees enjoy a liberal benefits package, including 22 days annual vacation, generous insurance, and Ohio state employee or alternative retirement.
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by March 9, 2014. Position available immediately. Please apply online at http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/9012.
Ohio University is committed to the diversity of faculty, staff and students. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of OHIO's campus are especially encouraged to apply.