Digital Humanities Librarian
Ohio State University
The Digital Humanities Librarian will establish and grow a dynamic,
multifaceted program that addresses the growing demand for digital arts and
humanities support on campus. Working with arts and
humanities scholars, faculty and students, the Digital Humanities Librarian
will foster successful adoption and application of digital arts and humanities
approaches to research, teaching, and learning. The librarian will engage
deeply with the Digital Arts and Humanities Working Group, the Digital Media
Collective, ACCAD (Advanced Computer Center for the Arts and Design), and
other campus entities to identify innovative and evolving digital tools and
resources that advance scholarly investigation, while building upon the
traditional cornerstones of research methodologies in the arts and humanities
disciplines. The librarian will be the liaison to the
University's Humanities Institute and will collaborate with faculty
participating in Institute projects and initiatives funded by the College of
Arts and Sciences, and will collaborate with the Head of Digital Initiatives
in the Libraries on projects originating in the
Institute. The Digital Humanities
Librarian will be a change agent, partner, and resource person for subject
librarians and special collections curators involved in facilitating faculty
and student digital projects and will be expected to conduct regular
environmental scans of the campus environment to identify emerging areas of
* Conduct environmental scans of humanities departments in conjunction with subject librarians and special collections curators in order to identify current and emerging scholarly projects for which digital tools and methodologies are appropriate.
* Coordinate information about digital arts and humanities scholarship to connect scholars across the disciplines and facilitate interdisciplinarity.
* Identify and evaluate current and emerging digital tools and methodologies.
* Provide expert consulting service to humanities scholars and students on techniques and tools that advance teaching, learning and research.
* Serve as a strategist and resource person on trends in the digital arts and humanities.
* Collaborate with staff managing the Libraries' digital repository, publishing and reformatting programs; work with the Head of Digital Initiatives to create strategies for collaboration, program planning, and support for interdisciplinary digital projects.
* Create an education program focused on digital arts and humanities topics.
* An ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS degree.
* Experience with digital arts and humanities research tools and approaches (e.g., text mining, data visualization, image analysis, and augmented reality).
* Experience in developing a multifaceted program for a multidisciplinary constituency.
* Familiarity with research methodologies across a variety of arts and humanities disciplines.
* Familiarity with data visualization tools and techniques applied to humanities research.
About The Ohio State University Libraries: The Ohio State University Libraries
contribute to the University's eminence as dynamic partners and campus leaders
in advancing inquiry and discovery for OSU, the state of Ohio and for an ever
expanding community of world scholars. Additional information about The Ohio
State University Libraries is available at http://library.osu.edu. Additional
information and a position description are available at
Rank/Salary: The position is a full-time, permanent, 12-month tenure-track
faculty appointments and reports to the Head of Research Services. Salary and
faculty rank are dependent on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: For a summary of benefits, see http://hr.osu.edu/hrpubs/ben/fs-
Application: Applications will be accepted until the position isfilled.
Preference will be given to applications received by April 12, 2014. Please
send cover letter, CV, references and salary history and requirements via
email using the subject line to identify the position title to Greg Newman at
[log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12712/