The Center for Research Libraries
Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is a membership
consortium consisting of the leading academic and research libraries in the
U.S. and abroad, with a unique and historic collection. A
recently awarded grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation has enabled the
CRL to continue and expand its efforts to shape a data-centered international
strategy for archiving and digitizing historical journals and newspapers.
We are seeking a PERL Programmer to work with our existing team of librarians
to further develop and maintain data projects critical to meeting our
objective. Work primarily involves analyzing and
manipulating data sets from library and commercial sources to pull out needed
data and transform it into additional formats for ingest into existing
databases or tools used for presentation of the data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working closely with librarians to analyze and manipulate data sets
• Creating optimized scalable code
• Design, build and test tools to analyze data, extract patterns, and
transform data among various formats as required by project demands.
• Design and build user-friendly interface for tools.
• Strong analytical skills, with experience analyzing dataflow, data patterns
and work flow
• Minimum of 1 year of PERL programming experience
• Experience using PERL, JAVA or other programming languages to normalize text
and applying API's to harvest or capture data.
• Ability to collaborate and contribute to a team and work independently
• Ability to document and explain standards
• Related degree required
In addition to professional challenge and the chance to make a creative
contribution, the CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits
Respond with the title of the position in the subject line
to: [log in to unmask] You may also respond by mail or fax,
indicating the position you are applying for to:
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637
An Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12932/