SERIALS SPECIALIST AND LEAD METADATA ANALYST
The Center for Research Libraries
A recently awarded grant from the Andrew W. Mellon
Foundation has enabled the Center for Research Libraries (CRL) to continue to
expand its analysis and planning to shape a data-centered international
strategy for archiving and digitizing historical journals and newspapers.
We are seeking a creative, self directed professional with project management
& team-lead capabilities focused on achieving top-notch results and meeting
production objectives. Position involves collaborating closely with internal
database teams as well as outside partners & publishers to develop standards
of metadata capture, creation and normalization of bibliographic and holdings
data for serials and newspapers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing & monitoring processes for ensuring existing metadata is accurate
and complete and coordinating the augmentation of existing data as necessary
• Develop and implement a system to verify accuracy of all required data
fields in incoming records.
• Working with data sources to improve the quality of data as needed.
• Investigate opportunities to expand capability of
existing databases and opportunities in linked data environment
• Provide guidance to a team of metadata specialists and data entry personnel.
• Monitoring production to ensure project goals are met.
• Ensuring data analysis team's goals and tasks are recorded in project
management software and that team members use software to log progress or
• Creating regular written project reports.
• Strong analytical skills, with experience analyzing dataflow, data patterns
and work flow.
• Prior project management and team lead experience.
• MLS or MLIS required
• A minimum of 3 years serials cataloging experience, CONSER level preferred
• Expertise developing and maintaining databases
• Experience using PERL, JAVA or other programming languages to normalize text
and applying API's to harvest or capture data.
• Ability to document and explain standards
CRL is a membership consortium consisting of the leading academic and research
libraries in the U.S. and abroad, with a unique and historic collection. In
addition to professional challenge and the chance to make a creative
contribution, the CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits
Respond with the title of the position in the subject line
to: [log in to unmask] You may also respond by mail or fax,
indicating the position you are applying for to:
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637
An Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12933/