Digital Data Repository Specialist
The Digital Data Repository Specialist will coordinate and conduct the day-to-
day outreach, operation, and support of the Purdue University Research
Repository (PURR, http://purr.purdue.edu/) system and service. The position
will partner with colleagues in the further development of PURR as well as
participate in other initiatives of the Distributed Data Curation Center
(D2C2) of the Libraries.
* Master's in Library Science or MIS from an ALA-accredited institution.
* One year of experience managing and/or developing repositories and digital collections.
* Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of required education and work experience.
* Knowledge of current issues and developments in library and archival science in the domain of research data curation and scholarly communication.
* Ability to create and deliver effective presentations for outreach and training.
* Ability to interact with faculty, staff and students from different disciplines and backgrounds.
* Ability to plan, execute, and document effective practices, projects, services, and policies related to research data management.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a rapidly changing environment.
* Familiarity with one or more library metadata standards (e.g., Dublin Core, EAD, METS, MODS, PREMIS).
* Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds frequently and 20 pounds occasionally.
* Experience or training in supporting and participating in scholarly communications and sponsored research.
* A background check will be required for employment in this position.
* FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
* Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
* Purdue University is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12757/