The O'Reilly School of Technology (OST) is the online
school for current and aspiring IT professionals and programmers. We are an
educational division of O'Reilly Media, Inc., a leading publisher and
conference producer dedicated to spreading the knowledge of innovators to
change the world!
The O'Reilly School produces courses and programs leading to certificates of
professional development. Successful OST students use our pioneering distance
education system and work with our dedicated instructors to master IT skills
and become accomplished builders of technology.
OST employees appreciate the relaxed, fun, and informal work atmosphere
they've helped to build, where a self-starting, proactive approach and
tangible results are valued. The school encourages creative problem solving
and a team-oriented approach to challenges. At OST, we have a passion for
excellence in service to our students and to each other.
The **Admissions Representative **is responsible for recruiting qualified
applicants for admissions to the School in accordance with state licensing,
accreditation, and OST policies and regulations consistent with the highest
ethical standards. The Admissions Representative must engage a high quantity
of prospects, and follow-up. They must embody the OST philosophy and values in
all aspects of their work: a student-centered attitude, emphasis on
professional development and growth, sound economic principles, innovation,
creative problem-solving, and enthusiasm for the expansion of the OST's
• Manage students' academic progress according to OST policies.
• Maintain appropriate documentation of all academic transactions.
• Maintain regular communication with students according to OST
• Assist students in their educational planning and progress from initial
enrollment to graduation.
• Serve as the student's advocate in resolving matters of academic difficulty,
misunderstanding or confusion.
• Monitor student academic progress, communicating with each student at least
every two weeks; s/he intervenes as necessary to assist those students having
difficulty, and completes required university reports on their academic
• Manage and respond to phone and e-mail inquiries promptly and effectively
utilizing approved recruitment policies, call guides, and protocols.
• Advise students on course selection
• Qualify candidates for enrollment (based upon career goal compatibility,
background, and aptitude), redirect unqualified candidates based upon
incompatible career goals or aptitudes.
• Secure new inquiries by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about
referrals of others to contact about OST offerings.
• Conduct all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
Adhere to standards for State licensing, accreditation, and OST policies
regarding student recruitment.
• Accurately and completely portray OST educational programs, expected
outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to students, parents
and educators. Accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis
for the Academic Director.
• Consistently conduct follow-up monthly at minimum with all prospective
students to ensure successful enrollment. Assist other personnel and
departments with data collection and problem solving.
• (Upon inauguration of degree programs) participate in appropriate
recruitment and enrollment activities onsite or online including: open houses,
training sessions, webinars, orientation programs, career days, etc.
• Perform routine administrative functions of the School (e.g., printing
completion documents, processing payments, verifying admissions requirements,
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Possess a sincere interest in helping others achieve their life goals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with academic staff, faculty, and student
• Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
• Goal-oriented and highly ethical.
• Strong expertise with MS Office, Customer Relation Management software
(e.g., SalesForce), intranets (e.g., Confluence) and related reporting
• Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team, work collaboratively
with other departments, and take lead on projects as needed.
• Ability to listen to internal and external customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and
to understand and respond positively to their requests.
• Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
• 2-year degree (A.A or AS) or equivalent experience in education, information
technology, business or a related field.
• 3+ years experience in customer service, technical support, sales,
admissions and/or recruitment.
• Values "hospitality" over "service."
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13259/