New York Public Library
New York City
Reporting to the Library's Brooke Russell Astor Director of Collections
Strategy, the Humanities Curator:
* Initiates outreach activities to promote teaching, learning, and scholarship using the Library's collections.
* Serves as a resource and facilitator for digital humanists working on projects and recommends collections for acquisition.
* Working closely with colleagues both internally and externally, collaborates on the development and production of digital publications, scholarly projects, and educational resources that showcase the Library's collections.
* Serves as a change agent, partner, and resource for subject librarians and special collections curators involved in facilitating digital projects.
* Provides research and reference consultations with individual library users, particularly those using primary resources.
* Creates a wide variety of content for outreach, such as instructional materials, data visualization and analysis, and copy for exhibits and publications.
* Performs related duties as required.
* Master's degree in the humanities; PhD preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of professional employment in a research setting such as a library or university.
* Substantial knowledge of research and digital tools in the humanities and successfully demonstrated experience with a digital humanities project.
* Demonstrated understanding of archives and archival description/metadata.
* Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral, and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to work effectively with the general public, educators and students, advanced scholars, independent researchers, and a wide variety of staff.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13321/