Electronic Records Manager
Madison Gas and Electric
Madison Gas & Electric has a new and exciting opportunity for an Electronic
Records Manager! The Electronic Records Manager will
develop and implement strategies for electronic records and
information management, systems and processes to ensure MGE is in compliance
with legal and regulatory records management requirements and to ensure
business needs are met. To collaborate with and provide
direction to MGE in implementing records management policies and procedures.
Select Responsibilities include:
* Provide expertise and advice to the organization to maintain records compliance and promote efficiencies in records management and business processes. Coordinate records management activities with employees, record owners and IT.
* Provide direction and maintain corporate sustainable processes to manage MGE's records and information management function including; records retention schedule and destruction, vital records, archival technologies, and protection to ensure availability, integrity and security if MGE's electronic records.
* Understand MGE's legal and regulatory requirements for records and information management. Manage activities for keeping MGE's records retention schedule current in relation to business processes, record locations, record owners and changing regulations. Coordinate a formal review of legal and regulatory requirements every 3 to 5 years.
* Assist business units with regard to development and implementation of solutions for managing physical and electronic record collections including conversion from physical to electronic and long-term electronic archival strategies.
* Benchmark MGE's records management program against best practices and the practices of other utilities. Conduct routine assessments of records management activities for quality assurance and efficiency. Document findings, address issues and improve processes as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in Records Management, information management or related field, or equivalent technical and practical electronic Records Management experience.
* 5+ years electronic records management experience or related systems experience.
* Certificate in Records Management desired.
* Demonstrated success developing and leading a high performance team, and raising the maturity level of the function
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Sound understanding of electronic records management systems, preferably SharePoint Records Center functionality.
* Expert knowledge of records and information management governance best practices.
* Strong management, analytical and facilitation skills.
* Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13050/