Integrated Library System Administrator
Regina, Saskatoon, or telecommute
**Saskatchewan Information and Library Services Consortium (SILS)
Integrated Library System Administrator**
**What is SILS?**
The Saskatchewan Information and Library Services Consortium (SILS) is a
network of over 300 public libraries that work together to provide seamless
and consistent library services within the province of
Saskatchewan. SILS maintains the core library technology
infrastructure for its municipal library and regional library system
members. The role of SILS will be expanding in 2014 to
include the development of patron-facing web applications with a goal of
achieving a common user experience and dynamic integration of library
collections and patron account functionality. Now is the
time to join this forward-thinking organization and contribute to supporting
world-class library services in Saskatchewan!
**We are looking for** a service-oriented individual who enjoys working in a diverse and customer-focused environment. You are organized, technically sound and a credible system administrator. You have demonstrated an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative team environment, and you have excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others. Most importantly, you are a responsive, hands-on problem solver and have a propensity to get things done!
**What you'll be doing:**
The Integrated Library System Administrator is responsible for the support and
administration of the Consortium's integrated library system (ILS) that
provides a variety of services including circulation, cataloguing,
acquisitions, serials, reports, external interface functions, and public
access. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment and
**Key responsibilities include:**
• Manage the integrated library system (ILS) functionality and system access.
• Determine best practices for ILS system upgrades and software
• Develop and configure ILS features for effective system performance in a
• Advise circulation and assessment managers in best practices of data
management and extraction relating to the Consortium-wide database.
• Configure and manage system data loads and third-party software connections.
• Work with stakeholders to improve services through systems refinement,
enhancement, and innovation.
• Train agency and SILS staff in the management of statistical reporting and
• Develop and create recurring and on-demand reports for SILS agencies.
• Collaborate with clients and colleagues to ensure timely completion of
tasks, assists others when needed, and request assistance if necessary.
• Monitor industry trends and best practices related to information access and
discovery and recommend improvements to existing tools and workflows as
• Act as a resource to the Consortium's committees and working groups when
• Perform other duties as assigned.
**Qualifications and Skills:**
• An ALA-accredited MLIS degree is preferred.
• 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Ability to work in a creative and highly productive
environment. Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively
with clients. Excellent oral and written communication
skills in English.
• Self-directed, flexible, and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to
initiate, collaborate, and deliver results.
• Demonstrated knowledge of SQL and relational database structure.
• Familiarity with MARC and non-MARC metadata schemas, standards, and best
**The following would be an asset:**
• Additional degree or advanced diploma in computer science or equivalent
• Relevant and current Microsoft Certification(s) such as MCITP or MCSA (SQL
• Five years of public library experience.
• Experience working in a consortium.
**Position:** The successful candidate may choose to work from offices located in Saskatoon or Regina. **The Consortium is open to the possibility of telecommuting from within Canada.** Applicants who state their intention to telecommute may be considered on a contract basis. Applicants should state whether they intend to telecommute in their cover letter. Occasional travel may be required.
**Remuneration:** Commensurate with education and experience.
**To Apply:** Interested parties should submit a resume, including the names of three references, to Rob Zylstra, Executive Director, 2207 Smith Street, Regina, SK, S4P 2P5. 306-260-6459. [log in to unmask] The position will remain open until filled.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens
and permanent residents will be given priority.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/12887/