Digital Repository Analyst
Center for Research Libraries
Play a key role in a grant-funded initiative to shape a data-centered
international strategy for archiving and digitizing historical journals and
The Digital Repository Analyst will assess and compare the capacity of various
systems to provide long-term access to digitized news.
Based on this assessment, he/she will play a key role in developing a rational
methodology and process for libraries and publishers to collaborate on
digitizing newspaper content to ensure broad access, interoperability, and
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Determining the scope of content residing in targeted digital newspaper repositories and performing comparisons of coverage to identify gaps and areas of overlap/uniqueness
* Evaluating the functionality, features and interoperability of the various database products used to contain the content
* Assessing the technical specifications for the primary elements of the platforms/content management systems
* Working with CRL audit repository specialists to evaluate the publisher/library polices and the aspects of the platforms/repositories relative to preservation policies
* Develops use cases and requirements of academic researchers for the use of digitized newspaper content.
* Minimum of one year of experience analyzing and/or managing large research or academic databases
* Experience with digital preservation practices, and working knowledge of standards and concepts in support of long term preservation of digital information
* Familiarity with the use of news and related content in academic research in the humanities and social sciences
* In-depth understanding of the lifecycle of electronic news or digitization of primary source library collections.
* B.A. in related discipline
* MLS, MSLIS or equivalent experience
In addition to professional challenge and a chance to make a creative
contribution, the CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13012/