MLIS student or recent grad opportunity
LANL Research Library
Located in northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a
multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf
of national security. LANL enhances national security by ensuring the safety
and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to
reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related
to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
Its Research Library (SRO-RL) is a leading DOE digital library, providing
state-of-the-art information technology tools to our research community and
developing innovative web technologies to further information availability,
accessibility, and digital preservation.
The LANL Research Library has current positions open for a Graduate Research
Assistant. We offer a creative setting in which information technologies and
services are applied to scientific productivity. We aggressively pursue new
ideas, services, products, and approaches to satisfy research needs. The
successful candidate will actively partner with Laboratory researchers in
support of our mission to facilitate access to and enhance the usability of
information. We are seeking a dynamic self-starter who is prepared to
contribute in a rapidly changing, complex environment. This position requires
a creative person who is comfortable with taking risks, embraces change, works
collaboratively as a team player, and has a strong customer service focus.
Desired skills & experience
* Knowledge of/experience in metadata standards, controlled vocabularies and cataloguing rules.
* Commitment to user-centered library service
* Ability to use standard reference tools, including web-based and online resources to fulfill customer reference requests
* Experience with information technologies including web design, web authoring tools, and emerging technologies
* Experience or training in developing online resources such as tutorials, point of need assistance, surveys, and guides
* Experience working in a scientific research library or information center
* Formal training in a scientific field (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biosciences, environmental sciences, etc.)
* Education: Master's level degree (completed or in process) in information science, library science, or equivalent degree and experience.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, contact information for 3 references, and a cover
letter addressing why you would like to work at LANL Research Library, what
kinds of projects excite you the most, and how working at LANL Research
Library will help shape your career path to [log in to unmask]
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13243/