Digital Library Developer
National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance
Provides the design and implementation of the on-line library that will host
online resources and provide the delivery of content. Develop a system for
knowledge storage, integration and learning using knowledge platform.
Evaluates and develops the digital asset management (DAM) system that includes
a repository of materials for a variety of NCIIA's professional learning
communities/networks, handling a wide range of formats. Create a DAM system in
which materials are searchable and accessible by instructors or staff,
integrating with a separate learning management environment. Send cover letter
and resume with position title in subject line
to:[[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask]). See full
• Strong system analysis skills
• Familiarity with a wide range of digital file formats.
• Familiarity with digital repositories and digital libraries.
• Familiarity with a wide range of item level metadata standards (e.g.,
MODS, METS, VRA Core, learning objects metadata standards (IMS,
• Familiarity with HUBZero preferred but not required or other types of
digital asset management systems (e.g., DSpace, HUBZeroFedora,
CollectiveAccess, learning object repositories,, etc.)
• Database management and XML skills
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated success working on projects with tight deadlines
• Master's degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited
institution, expected or earned, or equivalent experience
• Excellent online research skills and in-depth familiarity with both print
• Experience working with web design and electronic publishing software.
• Initiative, excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication
and work in a team environment.
• Ability to develop and foster collaborative working relationships.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14062/