Schlesinger Library Digital Archivist/Librarian
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America invites
applications for the position of Digital Archivist/Librarian. Joining with the
Library's Librarian/Archivist for Digital Initiatives, the successful
candidate will contribute to shaping the future of digital collections and
services at the Schlesinger Library. The Digital Archivist will combine
archival and management capability with extensive knowledge and advanced
skills in library/archival technologies and programming.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Digital Archivist has shared
responsibility for technical program management, digitization, and digital
forensics, including but not limited to planning and oversight of digital
programs and workflows, the enabling of data integration across local and
external data sources. Acts as liaison to library departments and participates
in work groups to improve programs and services. Maintains budgets,
statistics, and writes reports for internal and external sources, works
efficiently and with follow-through, in a fast-paced, scholarly, research-
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides leadership and expertise for programs, particularly the description and arrangement of electronic records and the development of policies and procedures in collaboration with manuscript catalogers to institute across the Library.
* Processes electronic records.
* With the Schlesinger Library's Librarian/Archivist for Digital Initiatives, co-manages the on-going maintenance of the Library's digital resources, including tasks related to imaging, storing, reviewing, and delivery of the collections in an online environment, including archived Web content.
* Contributes to the Library's on-going transition from analog to digital holdings
* Collaborates with appropriate Schlesinger Library staff and with other Harvard Library staff in managing digital library materials within the relevant Library-wide discovery, preservation, storage, and delivery systems.
* Collaborates with librarians, archivists, and staff to increase access to digital collections.
* Writes annual reports; prepares budgets; collects and organizes statistics about the Library's digital programs and services
* Participates in any number of project based teams.
* Participates in the formulation, writing, and implementation of grants.
* May chair and participate on committees such as social media, exhibit, etc.
* MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited college or university with a concentration in Archives.
* Four years experience post-MLS experience in special collections / significant experience with digital projects and electronic records.
* Demonstrated processing experience in an archives / special collections setting.
* Attention to detail.
* Demonstrated experience with technology-focused project management.
* Solid organizational skills with the ability to complete projects on budget/deadline.
* Strong technology background.
* Strong decision-making skills with the ability to creatively solve problems.
* Ability to work well in teams and to be collegial.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Experience working with Drupal and Omeka content-management systems, including enhancing user interface themes, developing modules, customizing Drupal/Omeka configurations, and identifying hosting and server options.
* Experience with databases and writing SQL queries.
* Knowledge of programming (PHP, Perl, Python).
* Knowledge of Windows and Unix server management and maintenance.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13521/