Digital Initiatives Librarian
University of Nevada, Reno
The Digital Initiatives Librarian will lead the University of Nevada, Reno
Libraries in positioning digital collections to support research and
instruction. Some of the responsibilities include developing digital
collections on the Libraries' CONTENTdm platform; setting standards and
policies and implementing best practices; collaborating with library units and
university departments that have born-digital material and significant digital
surrogates of analog material to establish effective workflows and procedures
for digital projects of all kinds; and participating in the evaluation and
implementation of new technologies related to digital content across campus.
The position plays a pivotal role on issues related to digital preservation,
including developing a plan to ensure effective digital preservation, future
migration, and security of all UNR Libraries' digital collections, assets and
born-digital materials. This is a tenure-track, academic faculty position.
* ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS degree or equivalent.
* At least three years of professional experience in digital initiatives, digital collections or metadata services, demonstrating progressive technical experience with current digital collection technologies, standards, best practices, platforms, and products.
* Expertise in the implementation, management, and maintenance of CONTENTdm.
* Knowledge of the standards and technological framework for digital preservation.
* Knowledge of metadata standards, including schema such as Dublin Core,EAD, MODS, METS, TEI, VRA, Darwin Core, etc.
* Knowledge of copyright laws and intellectual property rights as they relate to digital assets in libraries
* Demonstrated project management experience including ability to conceptualize, define and manage complex collaborative projects and follow through to completion.
Salary: $60s to low $70s, DOE. TIAA/CREF and other retirement options; 24 days
annual leave; generous sick leave policy; tuition benefits for self and
family; no state income tax or FICA.
The University of Nevada, Reno, is a land-grant University and a major
research institution in the state, with a student body of over 18,000. The
University is situated in Reno, a metropolitan area of nearly 400,000, on the
eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. The city is conveniently
located 38 miles from Lake Tahoe, a world-class skiing area with limitless
summer and winter recreational opportunities.
For more information about the position and to apply go to
https://www.unrsearch.com/postings/15173. Application deadline is May 18,
AA/EEO. Women and under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
Newly hired faculty must have their official transcript of their highest
degree sent by the degree granting institution(s) directly to University of
Nevada, Reno Human Resources within 30 calendar days from the effective date
of employment. References will be verified for finalists in the application
process. Incumbent will be required to pass a background check.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13598/