Digital Technologies Coordinator
Bay de Noc Community College
The Digital Technologies Coordinator will oversee the library's digital
presence, provide support for library operations including performing general
circulation duties and assisting the Library Director with special projects.
This position includes management of the library's website, social media
account(s), portal pages, and LibGuides. This individual will also identify
and coordinate the implementation of strategies to maximize the effective use
of available technologies to meet the needs of library users and library
personnel. Work schedule may include one/two evening(s) per week during the
fall and winter semesters. The position reports to the Library Director.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and with attention to detail.
* Ability to work as part of a team and to interact effectively with others in an educational environment.
* Significant knowledge and understanding of digital services and emerging technologies and their integration into an academic library environment.
* Knowledge of emerging technologies relevant to academic libraries.
* Capability to effectively interact with a wide range of people both on and off campus.
* MLS preferred
* Library experience preferred
* Archives experience preferred
* Knowledge of copy/original cataloging using current OCLC and AACR2 standards preferred
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Integration of innovative technologies into the library
* Maintain the library website and library presence in MyBay
* Coordinate the library's presence in social media
* Coordinate and expand the library's presence in Blackboard
* Research and make recommendations for the introduction of new technologies into the library
* Collect, maintain and report on usage of new technologies
2. Assists with the library archival collection
* Digitize and enhance audio files using Audacity software
* Coordinate digital archives collection on Library website
3. Provide reference assistance to library patrons
4. Provide trainings in the use of technology to library staff and patrons
5. Coordinate and conduct periodic software updates on computers in
conjunction with campus IT staff
6. Supervise and direct work-study employees during scheduled night shift(s)
7. Assist at front desk with circulation functions such as the
charging/discharging of materials, renewal of materials and registration of
1. May include copy/original cataloging using current OCLC and AACR2 standards
2. May include properly processing and storing college archival material
3. May include providing Archive services for all library patrons and
4. Any other duties as assigned
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13760/